New Year

First of all, I apologize for not writing sooner, but in my defense, I've really had nothing to write. Actually, the truth is, I didn't feel like writing - at least not in the same drone out way that I've been writing last year. This blog, although reflective of what was going on in my head at times, has truly bugged me, for the simple fact that it now stands as a witness in front of the whole world to say that in the last year alone, I have done NOTHING to get to where I wanted to be...what the whole purpose of this blog was. I have not lost a pound..have not "found" myself in a way to set me onto bigger (or smaller actually) and better things!
...But should I really be bothered by it? At least it's a collection of my whole year...the evidence that at least I was trying and never gave up, really...
Consequently, I have no 'resolutions' for this year, as just thinking about the term sends me into a fear of failure, where I would probably end up, if I set myself up for one like that. No, I am giving myself NO expectations this year, except that I definitely am looking to myself to stick with some kind of determination to get happier and healthier.
I am happy to say that as of January 5th, I have had incredible strength and resolution (ironic, isnt' it?), to not look at food as something I run to whenever I need....either hunger, or any emotional need that may strike me. I have decided to treat food as necessary evil which all humans need to nourish their body, for that purpose alone and no other. This frame of mind has worked miracles, so far...I have managed to lose 5 lbs since the Holidays, and I already feel GREAT! I hope that things will not change, so that I can keep this new-found determination to succeed once and for all in losing this dreaded weight, that is keeping me a prisoner.
...
I am also starting a new college course today - the last in the series before I can claim my "Project Management Certificate" - so I am very happy about that!
...

So..onto new ways we go...

4 comments:



Anonymous said...

Sometimes NOT making resolutions help us actually achieve what resolutions we MAY HAVE made. Less pressure, less stress, better frame of mind.

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Kari@Onederland said...

I'm glad that you have found a new way of thinking and it seems to be working for you. It's all about changing our way of thinking, habits, etc.
And I've felt the same way at times. Like I look back and think geeze what was the point of all those posts. I've been writing this blog since xyz and I haven't made much progress. But it journalizes my journey and the fact is that all of this....this is all part of the journey...some day we'll get to our destination and I wanna look back and see the ups and the downs...the positives and the negatives...to remind myself of where I never want to go again and why.
Keep on keeping on girly!

One Thing Better said...

yahoo honey

lots of love

Lisa said...

yah baby..you've got it ..and i love you

xo