Day 15 - Turning the page


So, I am looking at this page, and I sense the negativity coming from it. The guilt..retelling of the failures...no true motivation...knowledge that I am not really happy about it all - all in all, I am NEGATIVE in my expression to you, and I generally do feel like a "negative person"...
So this morning I asked myself - what does it take to be positive??? Can I BE positive all of a sudden? How can I make that happen?
So, as usual, I am thinking and researching...AND doing a lots of reading!
First words I stumble upon:

"You are what you think. You feel what you want."

WHOA! These words hit me hard! Imagine that. Feeling what you WANT to feel???
Next glance, I find these words:

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
-Abraham Lincoln-

I am really getting close now!
So, our present attitudes are like habits! We built them based on the feedback from our parents, from friends, teachers, priests, society in general!
To be happy, and be "positive" we have to build our self-esteem that exists in all of us and promote positive thinking!
To do this, we do 3 things:

1.Commit
2.Control
3.Challenge

These 3 words are pretty self explanatory. People who do these are successfull people - HAPPY people!

So, this change from negative to positive has to come from inside! It is much easier to affect change internally because we are dealing with an aspect of the universe that we have some control over! These 'inner conversations' we have with ourselves day to day have to change! I mean, it's nothing new to think that any person who has a weight problem has self-esteem issues also. And although we let it built to its present pathetic existence, in order to be happy and CHANGE that, we have to rebuild our inner circuit! Our thoughts...our perceptions! Because guess what - PERCEPTIONS ARE REALITY! YOUR reality!
We have to learn to act as if the life we visualized is already here! The only thing between you and your desire to be happy is one single fact: You are not happy because of how you think! This little known fact keeps many from reaching their goal of happiness...
You create your thoughts, your thoughts create your intentions, your intentions create your reality!

So, I am turning the page...
I am becoming positive! To build this habit of positive thinking, I will wake up each morning and thank the universe for my existence - whatever it is...and get on with the day as it were my happiest day in my life! Even though I may not feel like it - you LITERALLY HAVE TO PRACTICE FEELING GOOD! Make yourself smile when you do not want to smile! Go meet someone new when you absolutely feel like being alone!...We have to go against ourselves to build this new habit...and I truly hope that one day I will wake up and not have to make myself smile, or remind myself to think positive...I will just "be"!

4 comments:



Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirela said...

Thank you! Whoever you are :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mirela,

Great tool I learned for "practising". Look up at the ceiling and put on the stupidest grin you can... then try and feel bad.

Also, jumping up and down, arms over head shouting "YES" over and over (harder to do in an office but fun at home.)

Love you.. love your post!!!
G

Mirela said...

LOL!

Thanks, G! Sounds intriguing! Will try! ;)

xoxoxo