Day 23 - The Thought


These days are flying by!
No, it does not mean that I have been perfectly "good" for 23 days, or that I have any results to show for it....but for 23 days I have compassionately observed myself and have learned a TON! I am still learning to be disciplined, as I've learned recently:

"Discipline is remembering what you want."

You would think I KNOW what I want already and am remembering all the time! Yet..It seems I keep forgetting, as I am in no way ready to say or show that I am truly disciplined! I have also learned that we ALL have discipline! It is not something, as I previously believed, that you either HAVE or NOT HAVE...like some genetic trait...I used to say: "I just don't have any self-control!", as if it is an excuse for anything! Discipline is in us all - we just need to practice using it! The more we use it, the better we become at it!
So, here I am, practicing!

You can't motivate someone who can't hear you, so here I am, YELLING at myself to be who I want to be!...as "every decision we make - EVERY DECISION - is not a decision about what to do. It's a decision about Who You Are." (quote by Neal Donald Walsch).

To tell you the truth, it is not easy to take all these findings and just use them. You know - "practice what you preach" and such, as these are really deep and serious findings! Everything sounds easy enough - but it is NOT!...
It is HARD being positive! It is hard retraining your thoughts, your being, to get the best out of yourself, when for so long you thought that you just had 'bad luck'...HA! I have just caught myself being negative again! I should actually say: "it is easy being positive! It is easy to retrain your thoughts, your being, and to get the best out of yourself...just do it!" :)...

From the "100 Ways to Motivate Others" book:

Understanding the "thought" in life:

A. I'm depressed.
B: You just think you're depressed.
A: Same thing...it feels like the same thing.
B: It feels like the same thing, because it IS the same thing.
A: What if I thought I was really happy?
B: I think that would make you feel really happy.

Hmmmmmmm....

Don't you notice the similarities between all these different books and the famous "Secret" practice? "Secret" was never something new ...basically it wasn't a secret..Other writers have just not made such a big hype about it!..
But yes, thought, my friends, is a powerful thing!

I am definitely getting there! ;)

0 comments: