Who are you calling fat?!?!

So, I am in the washroom today at work and I am washing my hands...I look in the mirror in front of me and give myself a full body scan. Disgustingly I throw a look at myself and whisper "fat pig" under my breath, and I turn and walk away.
...
..
.
WTF??? Would I ever treat my friends like this?? ANYBODY I care about??? Would I even think "fat pig" if I saw an overweight person passing by??? NO! So, why do I treat myself like that???
After I got out of the bathroom, it hit me like a ton of bricks - I really do not LIKE myself - not to mention LOVE! No wonder I am in shape that I am, and in STATE that I am....
So, I gave myself a good talking to, and promised myself I won't do it anymore! This is the first time I am dealing with this. I have done it for so long - it was even UNDERSTANDABLE for me to hate how I look...to hate all the little things that are not just *perfect*...What the heck was I thinking?
I think that people in general have this problem, because if we all loved ourselves - we would all be the healthiest we can be! We would all eat right, walk right, behave right...We would be like pampered babies! None of us would have any doubts; our self-esteem would soar and nobody would be able to bring us down...We would be our own best friends, and life would just be great!
So, do you know a person like that???? I can honestly say I've NEVER in my life met a person that truly loved themselves...
Yes, you can meet people who are self-confident when they talk to you...who you think nothing can touch...but then those people go home and fuss about something they hate about themselves...
How in the world do we approach this??

Ok...I am on it!

Note to myself: Learn how to love yourself, Mirela! Truly, madly, deeply!

0 comments: