About dreams & dreaming...

Here I am..home sick today, as I probably got another virus from my son. A stomach bug again which has kept me sitting on a "white throne" for most of the day today! I really do not wish this on anybody!
Today was supposed to be my weigh-in day too - but I skipped it because of the said virus. It would not have been a true picture of my progress anyways...

So, I had some revelations about dreaming! I wrote to my friend in Norway, who is a psychologist...We go way back - we lived in the same building I grew up in, played in the dirt together, walked to school together, and she has spent most of my teenage years comforting me about some boyfriend or another :)....So here I am years later writing to her, still complaining, and she still comes back with the wisdom of a hundred-year-old!
So, to get back to our subject: "dreaming"..
She tells me that it is basically GREAT that I dreamt some things because it definitely means I am working on those issues! (where have I heard that before??? LOL)..but now she goes further to tell me that all the people we dream about actually represent US! Different parts of us...We play ALL the parts in our dreams...the good, the bad, and the ugly! This has REALLY set my mind in motion as I tried to think of what these various parts of "me" told me in my dream, and I was dumbfounded by the simplicity of it all...when you look at it that way - IT REALLY MAKES SENSE! You start connecting the dots...you see yourself through the eyes of these supposedly other people, but they are actually YOUR perceptions of what those people are thinking! She also told me that if we dream something really awful, for example if someone in our dream really hurts us - we are only giving ourselves opportunity to go through that experience through a dream so we may deal with it better in reality! See, those things only help us accept and understand some things that may be too hard to accept in real life, because they would just plain hurt too much!
So, armed with this new knowledge, and stuck in bed for most of the day today, I have really thought about these things, and I can say again that I am letting some things go...
Yes, it may not seem like I am, but I am working on it; and that is enough for now...At least I am really, really trying! *sheepish grin*

0 comments: