Day 6


I gotta say - I am proud of myself!
I don't know how I did it, but somehow I have reached that point where "enough is enough" and I have really started to pay attention! And believe it or not - that is all that is needed!!!
So, my parents were visiting for the weekend, and that is usually the time where I just pig out, because mom is cooking home made meals, and our whole socilizing concentrates around food! We had a "seafood bbq" on Saturday with some friends, then we were invited to another BBQ on Sunday...all in all - I had plenty of opportunity to pig out - BUT I DIDN'T! I ate just enough to not be hungry, and didn't snack all the time like I usually do when we are all together, because someone is eating AT ALL TIMES! But let me tell you, it wasn't so easy! I had to really think of my every step, every minute...I had to remind myself what I want, why I am not taking that cookie, or picking up an extra serving of something delicious we had on the table...It is WORK! ..and at some point I am probably going to get sick of it and will wonder how one is supposed to live like that their whole life...but at this point, that is what I have to do! I told you that for me, this is not going to be one day at a time - but one SECOND at a time! And it is exactly that! Watching and reminding myself all the time!
I saw my PT again today - first time in 2 weeks (he was on vacation), and told him that I have taken things into my own hands this time. Told him how I stepped on the scale and saw that I was 10 lbs. over my initial weight, when I first joined the gym!..and how that is just NOT ok! He gave me all of his support, so I have exactly 17 sessions more with him, to make some difference!! I hope that with this new plan I do something....that I finally see some results!
And one more small "victory" if you please - after the workout I usually get a "Berry Blitz" from the little cafe that is RIGHT THERE by the gym - which is just a protein smoothie - berries, non-fat yogurt and a spoonful of protein powder...but this time I didn't! First of all - it's darn EXPENSIVE! (almost $6 for a medium shake!), and second of all - I DIDN'T NEED IT! I already had some non-fat yogurt at my desk that I brought from home to have for snack..so I just had that and some almonds - and I am not hungry!!! so, YAY! :)

All in all - expecting to see some results on Wednesday - that would be exactly a week since I started this little "diet plan"...which I wouldn't even call a diet - because I am eating really well - but just watching portions and eliminating junk and processed sugars.

Thankfully, I only had headache for that one day - all other days - pain free! Actually, ask me tomorrow, after all of this exercising from today kicks in! ;)

4 comments:



Anonymous said...

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!! What at first seem like small victories actually turn out to be HUGE victories! WTG!

Mirela said...

Thanks, Tracy!
Your support means a lot! :)

Love ya!
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

congratulations mirela- i can't wait to hear about your results!
jennie

Anonymous said...

Evo i ja se pridruzujem cestitkama. rekla sam ti da ti to mozes ;) Samo tako nastavi!
Maja